Monday 17 December 2012

DJ Shadow booed off stage for DJ No Máz in Florida


This was posted to my  Facebook wall this morning by  DJ Tom Loud who had seen it on the official DJ Shadow event for his latest gig at Mansion. Sorry for the quality and size of the video, do check the page to see a better version, I am merely trying to report the situation.

Shadow went on Twitter straight after he was booed off stage and stuck to his roots. It was a tragedy to see such an amazing DJ shut down in a club full of people who clearly didn't know who he was or what he played. I hope at least he got paid and that more people learn about DJ Shadow's music.

This was the first track I ever heard of Shadow's when I was eleven.
The video premiered on the now-defunct Saturday Morning cultural hub that was FLY TV. The video was so amazing and the layering of each new track and each new piece of the video had me stunned by the end. Best of luck for Shadow and his next gig and hope it's not some punk kids who just love brostep and Nicki Minaj mashups.

No comments:

Post a Comment